Multimedia as the name implies is an integrated form of different forms of media- texts, images, videos, graphics, and animations that makes communication of the message convenient and subtle. Multimedia is prominently used in Media, Film industry, Marketing, Photography & Videography.
The integration of different forms of media has facilitated learning by making it easy and fun. Using multiple forms of media on a website blog makes it more informative, intriguing, and engaging as compared to just a blog with the written text being used only. Moreover, it has facilitated the process of marketing. The use of Multimedia makes the presentation eye-catchy, descriptive, and promotional.
SIGNIFICANCE OF MULTIMEDIA:
In the modern world, where the world is digitized in such a subtle and efficient way that the world is connected, just by a click of a mouse or just by the tap on a mobile screen, one can gain access to different parts of the world. The process of Digitization has opened up the portals for marketing and has smoothened up the process of brand promotion.
Since we live in a world that is heavily dominated by consumer-oriented markets, which are highly-demand driven. There is an increasing scope of Multimedia Course as a Discipline and Multimedia jobs as a profession. The increase in the scope of increasing employment opportunities in the Multimedia Field is because of the needs of marketing & brand promotions, which is essential in the modern-day world.
Multimedia is one of the best marketing tools that enables the brand to inform the consumers about the products and services offered by them. Multimedia provides a platform to the sellers and producers that connects them with a wide range of audiences, thereby increasing their consumer base. Hence, there is a better scope of approachability.
In addition to that, Marketing enables them to reach out to your pre-existing customer base while reaching out to new customers, both of whom are necessary for the brand to flourish in the long run. Pre-existing strong consumer base might act as a mode of sustainability as well as a mode of adding some new customers while adding some profit margins. As per market studies, it’s 70 percent more difficult to acquire new customers than acquiring new customers through references. While adding new customers to the client base helps in increasing profit margins.
Multimedia is one of the best ventures to be working in. It is one of the fastest-growing industries, with high salaries and a very high scope of growth in the future, be it in India or be it anywhere else in the world. As per reports issued by FICCI, It is estimated that it grew with a growth rate of 14% in the year 2019.
In addition to that, the outbreak of Covid-19 and the implementation of lockdowns at a global level have been a bane for some of the most prominent sectors like F&B (Food & Beverages), Travel & Tourism, Aviation, etc. On the other hand, Multimedia, Digital Economy have started gaining significant growth in its user traffic as lockdown has encouraged people to switch to digital platforms.
MULTIMEDIA COURSES ONE CAN DO AFTER 12TH:
Multimedia Courses offers the student with theoretical knowledge, technical knowledge along with the practical implementation of all the knowledge. There are different types of courses that offer the Multimedia Course as a discipline. They include Diploma Courses and Degree Courses. Diploma Courses help the student in gaining some theoretical knowledge, with more technical knowledge and professional proficiency within a relatively shorter duration of some months or 1-2 years at maximum. While Degree Courses offers the student with theoretical knowledge, technical knowledge, and professional skills within 3 years or longer.
LIST OF DIPLOMA COURSES:
- Diploma Course in Multimedia
- Diploma Course in Web Designing & Web Developers
- Diploma in Dot Net Programming
- Diploma in 2D Animation
- Diploma in 3D Animation
- Diploma in CG Animation
- Diploma in VFX
- Diploma in Animation & FilmMaking
- Diploma in Animation & VFX
LIST OF DEGREE COURSES:
- A in Digital Media 3D Animation
- A in 3D Animation & Visual Effects
- Sc. in Multimedia Animation
- Sc in Multimedia Production & Technology
- A. in Animation & Multimedia
- Sc. in Animation & Multimedia
- Bachelors of Visuals Arts (Animations)
- A. in Animation & Graphic Designing
- A. in Animation and CG Arts
- A. in Digital Filmmaking & Animation
QUALITIES REQUIRED FOR MULTIMEDIA:
Time Management Skills: Time Management Skills refer to your ability to put your time in such an efficient manner that you put your time to your best use while not compromising with quality or quantity. It also helps in increasing productivity, while reducing the costs involved.
Artistic Talent: Artistic Talent refers to the talent of designing up your ideas in such a way that makes them come to life. This makes the content speak for itself, attracting some extra attention from the viewer (potential customer).
Creativity: Creativity refers to your ability to execute a task or dealing with a problem differently and uniquely. By using Creativity, one can reduce operational costs or increase the approachability of the brand.
Insightful: Insightful refers to your ability to look at a task at hand with different perspectives. Being insightful enables you to work with different perspectives be it content creator, project head, consumer and create Multimedia Content accordingly. It helps in delivering the content deliverables in a better way, making it more effective.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR MULTIMEDIA:
- Videography: Video is one of the most preferred modes that are to be used among other forms of media that offers information in a precisely concise manner. The inclusion of audio & visual media within the same format makes it the best-suited media to be used. It is one of the best media for brand promotion. It saves us a lot of time.
- Photography: Photography is one of the best media that can be used to attract the attention of the viewer. Plain informative texts can provide the reader some basic information. But when combined with an apt photograph, it helps us in better visualization of the brief information that is mentioned in the photograph.
- Editing: Photography & Videography involves creative visualization, composition to make the subject pop out. But it is not possible to achieve the perceived perfect results every time. That is when editing comes into play. Editing helps in the delivery of refined output by filtering out the imperfections and adding up the suitable texture, color-contrast, dynamic range.
- Graphic Designing: Graphic Designing involves the use of software to create visual content that is attractive, expressive & informative. Graphic Design is the art of combining texts, pictures, and visual creatives in advertising copies. In Graphic Designing, we play with Line, Shapes, Color, Texture, Form & Space to make it appealing, attractive, and eye-catchy.
- Website: Website is one of the best forms of media that enables the readers to get a broader view by offering them a wide range of insights. These different insights give the reader an in-depth analysis of the topic, by giving elaborative explanations.
- Multimedia: Multimedia being a combination of different forms of media combines all forms of media to utilize all strengths of each form of media. It combines the Analytical Approach of Website, Eye-catchiness of Graphic Designing, Compact Expression of Videos, Vivid Visualization of Photography, Enhancements of Editing.
Q: What is Multimedia?
A: Multimedia is an integration of multiple forms of media. It combines forms of media that includes texts, creative visuals, photography, videography & audio.
Q: What is the role of Multimedia?
A: Multimedia plays a significant role in Brand Awareness. It gives the producers, sellers & consumers a platform that facilitates Marketing as well.
Q: What Skills do I need for Multimedia?
A: You need to have skills like Photography, Videography, Web-Development, Editing.
Q: What are the qualities required for Multimedia?
A: Required skills for Multimedia include – Time Management, Creativity, Artistic Vision, Insightful.